The ramifications of Tom Brady’s retirement, and of course Alabama has the best recruiting class for 2023
Good morning to everyone, but especially to…
THE ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE
exactly one year ago Texas A&M. Shortly thereafter Nick Saban Ah, the joys of college football recruiting.
Saban and his Alabama Program wasted little time officially retaking the throne on Wednesday,behind only the 2022 class of the Aggies and the 2021 class of Alabama.
- The class of 2023 in Alabama includes a record nine five-star playersincluding EDGE Keon Keeley (No. 3 overall), offensive lineman Lady Proctor (#5 overall) and safety Caleb Downs (#8 overall)
- Of the 28-player Crimson Tide class, 27 are five- or four-star recruits. The only one who isn’t? Conor Talty, the country’s second-place kicker.
- Behind Alabama lies Georgia, Texas, Oklahoma and State of Ohio.
Not every five-star recruit has signed with Crimson Tide, even if it sometimes appears so. In fact, another SEC team – South Carolina —Nyckole’s Harbourand writes Brandon Huffman.
However, no recruiting battle was more dramatic than Jaden Rashad‘s, andat State of Arizona. I really enjoyed it Kenny Dillingham.
And not such a good morning for…
THE CAROLINA PANTHERS AND MATT RHULE
Matt Rhule‘s tenure with the Panthersand apparently things are still not smoothed outeven almost four months later . Last week, Rhule – who was hired by Nebraska — , claims the Panthers are refusing to pay his severance pay.
The terms of the contract indicate that this is the case around 5 million US dollars are disputed,.
- The Panthers plan to argue that . Rhule signed an eight-year, $74 million deal with the Cornhuskers, up from the seven-year, $60 million deal with Carolina.
- “The argument is that Rhule’s Nebraska contract has an unreasonable increase of more than 20 percent when deferred pay and other benefits are taken into account,” writes Jonathan.
- On Rhule’s side, his contract at Carolina states that he owes $34 million from February 1, 2023 to January 31, 2027. The Nebraska contract pays him $29 million from the November 2022 start date through December 31, 2026. That’s where the $5 million difference comes from.
There should be a conclusion in the coming weeks.
What Tom Brady’s retirement means for Bucs and everyone else 🏈
Welcome to your first full day of retirement, Tom Brady! In case you somehow missed it,— this time “forever” he says – after 23 seasons, seven Super Bowl wins and . His career is truly unique and will likely remain so forever. The win, the longevity, the records…it’s really mind-blowing.
His retirement sent shockwaves across the NFL –and here is — and the repercussions of his departure will reach far and wide, especially ahead of what appears to be another frantic quarterback carousel this off-season.
Our Cody Benjamin watchedespecially at a hypothetical destination.
- Benjamin: “The most predicted Brady destination in the event of a move from Tampa is this robber solely because of the sensible Josh McDaniels Connection… With that scenario gone, the Raiders are still ready to part ways with them Derek Carr… Jimmy Garoppolo is possibly the next best thing for McDaniels to share patriots roots, but a Jarret Stidham The return is also a logical alternative in connection with a rookie addition.”
We also haveand it is important to note that Brady himself is the biggest winner, as our Bryan DeArdo writes. A big loser, however, is the privateerand Bryan has . Could it be Garoppolo? , says Tyler Sullivan. I have to give big props to our NFL team covering every single angle:
Breanna Stewart joins Liberty as a super team grows in New York 🏀
Breanna Stewart is. And, my goodness, what a talented team this is New York freedom will be.
After being voted #1 overall in the 2016 draft, Stewart spent the first seven years of her career with the Stormwhere she filled her trophy box:
- Two-time WNBA champion (2018, 2020)
- MVP (2018)
- Commissioner’s Cup Champion and MVP (2021)
- Two-time Finals MVP
- Top Scorer 2022
- Quadruple All Star
- Five-time All-WNBA
- Four-time all-defensive team
- Rookie of the Year
Stewart becomes MVP in 2021 Jonquel Jonesacquired from the Sunand 2022 All Star Sabrina Ionescu to form a damn big “Big Three”. writes our Jack Maloney.
- Maloney: “There might be some growing pains as they figure out how to play together, but they’re all selfless players and it’s hard to bet against that kind of talent. … Other surprises aside, The Liberty appears to be on a crash course with the defending champion Las Vegas Aceswho strengthened their roster by agreeing to a deal with candace parker. “
Stewart’s free hand waswith Kevin Durant even recruiting them to New York. Now that she’s there, expect her to continue speaking candidly on some important issues – including charter flights – off the pitch while dominating on the pitch. , “The WNBA has officially entered its superteam era.”
Enjoy the ride as LeBron James gets closer to winning the title 🏀
Lebron James isKareem Abdul Jabbars all-time record. It’s not about “if” anymore, it’s about “when” and “when” is probably next week – .
The gray cloud hanging over it, of course, is that the Lakers are not very good. Only the spores and rockets are worse in the west. If the season ended today, James would miss the playoffs for the second straight year — something that hasn’t happened since his first two years in the league. Injuries, underperformance, bad luck, tension, questionable decisions. You name it, the Lakers dealt with it.
However, let that subside for a few nights andwrites our Bill Reiter.
- Equestrian: “Will there be enough freedom from fear – enough joy and positivity – to spark a resurgence in the Lakers and a run between now and the end of the season? Perhaps. Maybe not. … But a reminder of a feeling — of the purple and gold at the heart of the basketball universe, the most talked about team, coming back from downtown LA, the entire NBA casting their often jaded and jealous eyes on the Lakers aiming – will rise again, albeit temporarily.
What we’re watching Thursday 📺
🏀 No. 19 FAU at UAB7 p.m. on CBS Sports Network
🏀 Grizzlies at Cavaliers7:30 p.m. on TNT
🏀 No. 8 Maryland at No. 6 Iowa8:30 p.m. on ESPN
🏀 Hair clippers at Bucks10 p.m. on TNT